The Impressive 15th Century Coastal Tower is currently For Sale for offers over £3.9million.
A 15th century construction, Ackergill Tower has undergone some major refurbishment in the intervening years. Extended in the 19th century with the interiors now brought up to pace with modern luxury while remaining in touch with it’s heritage.
Ackergill Tower is believed to date from 1475 and has an interesting history.
Famous 19th century Scottish Architect David Bryce is the man responsible for the vast extension to the original build. The Tower was further renovated in the 1980's to re-introduce the grandeur that had begun to slip over the previous decades.
The current owners of Ackergill Tower (purchased 2009) added to the grandeur and brought the hotel into the 21st century with the inclusion of conference and function space for up to 200 guests.
This allows the tower to operate as a luxury hotel and an exclusive use wedding and conferencing event. In addition there is the prospect of self catering accommodation dotted across the Ackergill Estate.
The main elements of the property can be summarised as;
- Ackergill Tower (over 5 floors + cellar)
- Ceilidh Hall
- Smugglers Inn pub
- 6x Cottages;
- Sunshine & Seashore (sleeps x4)
- each House (sleeps x10)
- Stables (sleeps x10)
- Europe's largest Treehouse (sleeps x2)
- Garden Cottage (sleeps x4 – current GM accommodation)
- The Smiddy (sleeps x2)
- Bothy & Boathouse
- Large storage barns for logs and garden equipment
- 30 acre grounds & gardens from the edge of the sea to entrance gates along a mile-long drive. Includes a Victorian walled garden, woodlands, formal lawns, private gardens and the oval park (the ‘Heart’) in front of the Tower in which two B-listed dovecotes are located.
Ackergill Tower is remote but easily accessible - Wick Airport is within 3 miles from Ackergill Tower, which, via either Aberdeen or Edinburgh, provides flight links to London and other airports. Alternatively there is a scenic drive from Inverness airport or there is a railway station at Wick.
The local area offers a range of different attractions and tourist sites and there are strong relationships in place to provide tours and visits that are exclusive to Ackergill Tower.
- 32 Bedrooms
- Staff accommodation
Knight Frank are the appointed Estate Agents for the sale
If you need marketing support for your hotel or tourism business please visit our partners tourismmarketing.agency